Being a good physician means more than simply being a good clinician. Doctors in their day-to-day activities can provide leadership to their fellow workers and vision for the organisations in which they work for and also to the profession as a whole. However, still doctors are willing to contribute to improving the quality of services and to opine when things are wrong, patient care is likely to suffer in these situations. Relationships grounded on openness, trust and good communication will enable doctors to work in partnership with their patients to address the needs.
To fulfil doctor role in the Doctor vs Patient Relationship, doctor must:
- Be polite, considerate and honest to their patients
- Consider every patient as an individual
- Honor patients' privacy and right to secrecy
- Treat patients with dignity
- Give courage to patients in caring for themselves to improve and maintain health
For more updates visit HarNeedi.com